Posting on social media is not an exact science but over the years there have been multiple studies advising on the best times to post on each social media platform. According to Hootsuite, the best time to post on social media overall is 10:00 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. However as you dive a little deeper into each platform times tend to vary.
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms with over 2.85 billion active users. Connecting on Facebook can be easy at times because of how many people are using the platform as an extension of their own personal lives. This also allows you to better understand your audience there. Some key insights to consider when posting include:
- The best time to post on Facebook is 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Early mornings are best because people are more actively catching up on their newsfeeds.
- 74% of Americans check their Facebook at least once a day
- People spend on average 34 minutes per day on Facebook
Instagram is another extremely popular social media platform. Currently it has about 1 billion users and it continues to grow, especially as new features continue to improve the user experience. IG Stories, Reels, IG TV, and shopping on the platform lets brands connect with consumers through specifically tailored content for the user. Some key insights to consider when posting include:
- The best time to post on Instagram is 11:00 AM on Wednesdays
- Early lunch time is a really popular time for users to catch up on their news feeds
- 63% of Americans check Instagram at least once a day
- People spend on average 6-7 minutes on the app
Twitter currently has around 206 daily users. Significantly less than Instagram or Facebook, Twitter offers more insight into news/ current events rather than sharing personal information. Some key insights to consider when posting include:
- The best time to post on Twitter is 8:00 AM on Mondays and Thursdays
- People are more likely to catch up on news/tweets first thing in the morning
- 42% of Americans check Twitter at least once a day
- People spend on average 10 minutes on Twitter
With all of this being said, it is also important to note that you do not need to hold yourself to these specific times only. Now your audience and take that into consideration when you are posting, along with sharing time sensitive information as soon as possible. To learn more, please visit our other blog posts.